[m-dev.] ROTDs broken since rotd-2023-12-13

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Dec 15 16:17:36 AEDT 2023

On 2023-12-15 16:13 +11:00 AEDT, "Peter Wang" <novalazy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:20:58 +1100 "Zoltan Somogyi" <zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2023-12-15 02:49 +11:00 AEDT, "Zoltan Somogyi" <zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com> wrote:
>> > Approach two would be easiest to implement, and a comment on
>> > the module_info field saying that the pred_ids there may be dangling
>> > references, and that this is ok, would make it semantically ok as well.
>> > This is my preferred solution. What are yours?
>>
>> In the absence of an objection, I have commit a fix using approach two.
>
> A bit late, but I'm wondering why you did not choose option 3,
> to delete pred_ids from mri_format_call_pragma_preds?

Because (a) it would have required a bit more code, increasing both
programming time and runtime, the latter of which would have to be paid
even during compiler invocations in which the problem does not arise, and
(b) documenting the fact that pred_ids in the module_info field
may be dangling accomplishes the same effect anyway.

Zoltan.