[m-users.] [mercury-users] .mh files

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:14:33 AEST 2024

On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 15:43:32 +0200 Anders Lundstedt <mercury-users at anderslundstedt.se> wrote:
> On Fri Aug 15 13:25:46 AEST 2003 Fergus Henderson wrote:
> >> On 13-Aug-2003, Michael Day <mikeday at yeslogic.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there a way to make the .mh files live in the Mercury directory instead
> >> of cluttering up the current directory?
> >
> > Currently no.
>
> Is this possible now?

Still no.

I'm not seeing a reason why .mh files cannot be placed in Mercury/mhs.
The only thing I found was commit 7ebc79e92, which moved .h files
(as they were back then) back into the source directory to facilitate
building the compiler itself with --use-subdirs. That was long ago.

It would also be nice to move .err files into Mercury/errs.
That would need to be behind an option, though.

Peter