[m-users.] Plagued by intermittent compile / link errors

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:00:19 AEST 2024

Hi,

I recently switched from 22.01.8 to rotd-2024-06-28 and since then, my working sessions are plagued with errors like this:

Making dstack
error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't move temporary file: /Users/seancharles/Documents/code/mercury/mercury-merth/dstack.strip to input file: /Users/seancharles/Documents/code/mercury/mercury-merth/dstack (No such file or directory)
** Error making `dstack'.

rr --> OK

rr --> dstack.m
rr --> "mmc --make dstack"

Making Mercury/int3s/dstack.int3
Making Mercury/ints/dstack.int
Making Mercury/cs/dstack.c
Making Mercury/os/dstack.o
Error creating `Mercury/cs/dstack_init.c': can't open input file: No such file or directory
Making dstack
Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
  "_main", referenced from:
      <initial-undefines>
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
** Error making `dstack'.

and:

Making Mercury/int3s/dstack.int3
Making Mercury/os/dstack.o
Making dstack
error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: dstack (No such file or directory)
** Error making `dstack'.

"rr" is my own Mercury app to watch files and trigger actions, it has never had issues. If I run mmc --make manually it also sometimes does this.

I am going back to 22.01.8 to see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,
Sean.