[m-users.] Grade for profiling

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Mar 19 23:25:04 AEDT 2023

Hi!

I want to profile my program, but when using mprof, I get only lines like
this:

  0.0       0.00     0.00 49576032     0.00     0.00
unknown__140325205178080 [140]

All names begin with "unknown_...".

My guess is, that debug symbols must be compiled in. My profiling grade is
"asm_fast.gc.prof", so no debug symbols.

If it is like this, is it possible to add another grade and compile the
compiler again?

How would that grade be called? My other grade (without profiling) is
asm_fast.gc.debug.stseg. So what's the needed grade?
asm_fast.gc.prof.debug.stseg ?

Cheers,
Volker