[m-users.] Again: Moin2Tiki - My Mercury project is out

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Thu Jan 26 02:11:25 AEDT 2023

Hi there, fellow hackers!

I'm pleased to say that I have been able to release my MoinMoin-to-Tiki
migration program, first version. (Both are wiki engines.)

It's my biggest project so far and I've written it - in Mercury, of course.
Except for a small part which needs to be in PHP. There are 9963 lines of
Mercury source code, right now.

Mercury lends itself well to the task. It has made everything much clearer.
And the performance is very good, too.

There have been some drawbacks, but I must say, Mercury rocks.

Moin2Tiki isn't particularly interesting for anyone who doesn't want to
migrate from MoinMoin to Tiki, but it can serve as an example of a non-
trivial project that has been completed in Mercury.

It's here:

https://gitlab.com/volkerwysk/moin2tiki

Happy hacking,
Volker