[m-users.] Completely statical linking

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Feb 5 06:39:11 AEDT 2023

Hi!

I'm trying to link a program completely statically, by using "--mercury-
linkage static" and "--linkage static". I get warning messages like this:

/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0x11e): Warnung: Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version
used for linking

Why does it require shared libraries at runtime? That's what I want to
circumvent by linking statically!

Can that warning messages be ignored? If so, can it be turned off?

TIA
Volker