[m-users.] Simple cross-platform GUI

Dirk Ziegemeyer dirk at ziegemeyer.de
Mon Sep 26 03:12:00 AEST 2022

Hi Peter,

> Am 24.09.2022 um 04:49 schrieb Peter Wang <novalazy at gmail.com>:
>
> I've removed -lrt as it's not required on my Linux machine either (now).
>
> The required libraries will still vary by platform, in particular
> Windows. For the sample application, I've just asked the user to run
> "make WINDOWS=1". (When cross-compiling, there is the extra complication
> that your package manager probably won't provide libuv and http-parser
> libraries built for the target platform.)
>
> The way I have used httpsrv is to build its modules as part of the
> Mercury application. The src/httpsrv.options file can be included into
> the application's Mercury.options file to set compile flags.
> Linking with the correct libraries for each platform will need to be
> set up by your application's build system.

Thank you for adjusting the Makefile and the Mercury.options file.

For my Mercury-only apps I'm using https://mxe.cc to cross-compile. I just noticed that it includes an outdated version of libuv and is missing the http-parser library. My cross-compilation toolchain needs to be changed.

Are there more flexible combinations of a cross-compiler and an up-to-date package manager that are known to work well with Mercury? (MacOS host, Windows target) Any experiences from the Mercury community would be very welcome.

Dirk