[m-users.] Simple cross-platform GUI

Dirk Ziegemeyer dirk at ziegemeyer.de
Sat Sep 24 02:26:22 AEST 2022

> Am 20.09.2022 um 03:32 schrieb Peter Wang <novalazy at gmail.com>:
>
>> As all of the above bindings seem to be inactive, I'm wondering if there is any other solution. Is there any simple cross-platform socket or http-server binding for Mercury?
>
> httpsrv does what it was designed to do, so there hasn't been any need
> to update it.

Thanks Peter for providing https://github.com/yeslogic/httpsrv.
Testing on MacOS was successful.

Installing the dependencies with the Homebrew package manager was as easy as
    $ brew install libuv http-parser

There was an issue with librt, which seems neither to exist nor to be required on Mac. Changing the file https://github.com/yeslogic/httpsrv/blob/master/sample/Mercury.options fixed this:

    - MLLIBS-httpsrv_test += -luv -lhttp_parser -lrt
    + MLLIBS-httpsrv_test += -luv -lhttp_parser

Is it possible to automatically skip '-lrt‘ in the Mercury.options file depending on the compilation target? I'm planning to cross-compile from a MacOS host to a Windows target.

Dirk