[m-users.] mmc --debug and mdb usage problems

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Wed Oct 19 00:15:07 AEDT 2022

Am Dienstag, dem 18.10.2022 um 18:24 +0530 schrieb Razetime:
> Thanks, rebuilding made it work correctly.
> In the debugger i'm trying to print a variable that contains a value
> of type array2d:
>
> mdb> print 8
>        LambdaHeadVar__3 (arg 8) array2d(3, 7, <<array>>/21)
> mdb> print -v 8
>        LambdaHeadVar__3 (arg 8)
> array2d
> 1-3
> 2-7
> 3-<<array>>/21
>
> mdb> print -p 8
>        LambdaHeadVar__3 (arg 8)
> array2d(3, 7, ...)
>
> how do I make it display all data inside the array2d?

I don't know. Perhaps with the "browse" command. Or by specifing a "term
path", like in "print 8^3". See here:

https://mercurylang.org/information/doc-release/mercury_user_guide/Browsing-commands.html

Something different: You can enable command line editing with the "rlwrap"
command. It will call the specified program, with command line editing
added:

rlwrap mdb ...

In Ubuntu Linux, this is in the "rlwrap" package.

Bye
Volker