[m-users.] higher order issue: `ground` seen but expecting higher-order pred

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:03:51 AEDT 2022

For the record, thanks to Julien F-s initial suggestion and Volkers eagle-eye spot of my subsequent error, I now have a fully working runtime REPL with the 'dictionary lookup' to trigger the word handler as I wanted. The rest of the day for me (still on sick leave) is to be reading some really old FORTH books I found by Leo Brodie, to get a better appreciation of the internals and behaviours of 'interpret' mode and 'compile' mode although my version is never intended to --be-- a FORTH system per se, more, it is a stack based engine using a similar syntax, with the end goal of driving SDL2 with a bunch of pre-written primitives.

Thanks again you guys!

Sean.