[m-users.] higher order issue: `ground` seen but expecting higher-order pred

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Thu Oct 6 03:50:33 AEDT 2022

Am Mittwoch, dem 05.10.2022 um 17:13 +0100 schrieb Sean Charles
(emacstheviking):
> I must be to stupid to get it, unusually, I am pasting the entire source
> file as it stands along with the error message, I just don't get it. I
> just don't today, apologies for the long post of source code. I've tried
> re-reading the relevant parts of the documentation but it's just not
> sinking in, the language is too technically dry and formal for my
> uneducated brain.

I agree that the Language Reference Manual is hard reading. Especially the
parts which aren't covered by Ralph Becket's Mercury tutorial (yet). For
instance, I had to turn to Haskell tutorials for what existential types are
about.

Don't give up,
Volker