[m-users.] Announce: A list of Mercury resources, first

M McDonough foolkingcrown at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:54:56 AEDT 2022

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 20:38:22 +0100 Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've put together the first version of a list of Mercury resources:
>
> https://volker-wysk.de/mercury/resources.html
>
> Any comments, and links to more resources, are very welcome.

Some libraries and demos I would share (with the exception of fjogg,
if I'm listed by name please credit these as AlaskanEmily, Transnat
Games):

Demonstration of constraint solving/graph optimization using `multi`
determinism code, useful as a basis for pathfinding in particular:
https://osdn.net/users/alaskanemily/pf/Resistors/wiki/FrontPage

Full code demonstration of opening and playing an ogg/opus file in
Mercury: https://github.com/AlaskanEmily/audio_player

OGG decoder library with no foreign code (used in the audio player
demo): https://github.com/FlyingJester/fjogg

A simple Java class that lets you use Mercury lists as sequences in
Clojure: https://github.com/AlaskanEmily/Merjure

TransUnit unit testing and mocking library, I've used this heavily in
my game engine and other libraries and projects:
https://osdn.net/projects/transunit/

mmath 2D/3D/Matrix math and algebra library:
https://osdn.net/users/alaskanemily/pf/mmath/wiki/FrontPage

Saffron Graphics Framework (2D and 3D renderer for OpenGL on Windows
and Unix), including a TGA image reader that has no foreign
dependencies, bindings for Win32 (Cygwin and MSVC) and GLX/X11, and
input handling. Still pre-release, but has been used in a few of my
tech demos: https://osdn.net/users/alaskanemily/pf/Saffron/wiki/FrontPage