[m-users.] 64 bit subtraction, compiler sees 'int'

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Tue Nov 22 10:05:31 AEDT 2022

> I can't see where it thinks the expected type was 'int'.

Almost certainly, it thinks the arguments of '-' are of type int
because you imported the int module, but did not import the int64 module.
Mercury differs from almost all languages in that arithmetic is not built in,
but is provided by library modules. This does mean that you need to import
the relevant libraries.

The error message could be improved; I will look into it, when I have time.

Zoltan.