[m-users.] Pass options to gcc compiler

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:08:22 AEDT 2022

OK, -V is a good option!!
I added that to my makefile and rebuilt, near the end I saw the compiler invocation:

% Compiling `Mercury/cs/agame.c':
% Invoking system command `gcc -I. -I. -I./Mercury/mihs -I/usr/local/mercury-22.01.3/lib/mercury/lib/hlc.gc/inc -I/usr/local/mercury-22.01.3/lib/mercury/conf -I/usr/local/mercury-22.01.3/lib/mercury/inc   -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -DMR_HIGHLEVEL_CODE -DMR_CONSERVATIVE_GC -DMR_BOEHM_GC -DMR_TAGBITS=3        -w    -c Mercury/cs/agame.c -o Mercury/os/agame.o'...

So it is definitely using gcc at least. The output was been truncated. It says to see agame.err for the complete log but that doesn't contain the above line. I am very suspicious of the two initial '-I' options as they appear to be just pointing at the current folder? I see no mention of my desired include paths in the final output so for some reason as yet undetermined I've failed to pass these through to the build process!

The worst part is I know it's my fault....   :|

Sean.