[m-users.] Installation of the compiler fails

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Sat Nov 12 20:23:45 AEDT 2022

On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:12:40 +0100, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:
> Uncaught Mercury exception:
> Software Error: predicate `ll_backend.prog_rep.goal_to_goal_rep'/4:
> Unexpected: non-plain conjunction and declarative debugging
>
> This looks like a compiler error (uncaught exception).

This is a sanity check, guarding against the incompatibility
Julien mentioned:

> > Mixing .par and .debug (or .decldebug) grades isn't really supported, so
> > if I had to hazard a guess that's likely to be the issue here.

The "non-plain" conjunction being a parallel conjunction.

The bug is that this incompatibility should have been caught when the options and
the grade were processed. I just added a test for that now, so from the next ROTD,
the same error will be reported earlier, and with a useable error message.

Zoltan.