[m-users.] One test fails when compiling the compiler

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Jun 24 02:32:18 AEST 2022

Am Donnerstag, dem 23.06.2022 um 23:26 +1000 schrieb Zoltan Somogyi:
> > I'm trying to install Mercury from the git sources, and one test fails.
>
> You can ignore it. It is a known problem in the setup of the test itself.

I'm able to ignore it, but the build process isn't. The build aborts after
the unsuccessful test. I've tried to skip the tests step in INSTALL.git by
removing "tools/bootcheck $parallel &&". But then the install afterwards
fails, because "stage2" isn't found. Creating this directory doesn't work
either. I've tried to remove tests/debugger/user_event_shallow*
but then I get the error "cannot read source file for module
`user_event_shallow'."

I'd like to disable the tests completely, as they take up quite some time.
My INSTALL.git looks like this:

parallel=-j16

./prepare.sh &&
./configure --enable-mm-grades \
            --disable-java-grade \
            --prefix=/usr/local/lib/mercury-git-2022-06-23 \
    2>&1 | tee /usr/local/sw/mercury/configure.log  &&
touch Mmake.params &&
touch Mercury.options &&
mmake depend &&
mmake MMAKEFLAGS=$parallel &&