[m-users.] 22.01 beta release available

Fabrice Nicol fabrnicol at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 04:56:20 AEDT 2022

Alert lifted.

compiler/mercury_compile.c was mangled in the downloaded package, with a
very few other files.

Downloaded a fresh package, reconfigured and rebuilt OK.

Note:

It might be a nice idea to add (at least for releases) checksum files on
the Mercury download webpage. Or, alternatively, a CHECKSUM file at the
package root.

Adding commit IDs is not enough for users to avoid such issues as,
mercury_compile.c is only shipped in the package, not in the git source
code (by design, I assume).

Fabrice