[m-users.] Mercury for Game AI

M McDonough foolkingcrown at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 20:23:01 AEDT 2022

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, Sean Charles (emacstheviking) <objitsu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we see these games anywhere? It’s on my lst once I finish my current project… to develop cross-platform games with at least the game logic in Mercury and, if possible (it is, the OpenGL/Cairo libraries) the UI framework as well.
>
> I’d be really interested to see a game written in Mercury for sure!
>
> Sean

The ones released under my current name are available here:

https://rpgmaker.net/users/AlaskanEmily/

Some general "games in Mercury" resources:

The Mercury graphics framework I used in Pumpkin Theory, The Pronoun
Game, and In Debt to the Stomach. Supports both 2D and 3D, includes
Glow (for windowing and input) and OpenGL bindings for Mercury and a
pure-Mercury .tga image file reader:
https://osdn.net/users/alaskanemily/pf/Saffron/wiki/FrontPage
Unit testing framework for Mercury, intended for use with games in
particular: https://osdn.net/projects/transunit/
Pure-Mercury ogg demuxer (not vorbis, just ogg, I use it with libopus
mostly): https://github.com/FlyingJester/fjogg/
An example of loading audio files and playing them in Mercury (an
example of using fjogg with libopus and Cinnamon):
https://github.com/AlaskanEmily/audio_player
The windowing and input library I wrote specifically for use from
Mercury and other purely functional languages, and the primary backend
for Saffron: https://osdn.net/users/alaskanemily/pf/glow/wiki/FrontPage