[m-users.] Mercury for Game AI

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Fri Jan 21 14:25:37 AEDT 2022

Hi David,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022, David Epstein wrote:

> Thank you Zoltan and Fabrice.  I just need to maintain (add and
> remove) facts before a query. This seems possible in Mercury through
> various data structures in the standard library. I need to review
> Julien's fruitbowl example again. He used lists to permit compiled
> Mercury to behave in a way similar to redefining a predicate.

Actually, I used maps rather than lists.

> However, I'm not sure how this is different than just using those same
> data structures directly in C#.

In many ways it isn't.  One thing to bear in mind is that the fruitbowl
example is primarily an illustration of how to get data in and out of
Mercury from C#.  That example doesn't really do anything with the data
once it has been passed to Mercury.  An actual program would have some
code in Mercury that did something using the fruit data.

Julien.