[m-users.] Mercury to c# workflow?

David Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:52:47 AEDT 2022

Julien,

I can confirm that Mercury (at least the fruitbowl example you posted), C#,
and Xamarin.Forms can be combined into a working Android app. To me, this
is very exciting!

I followed your lead and added cp.exe from the UnxUtils package to
Mercury's bin directory. I changed the host and target settings and added
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ to my path so mercury can
find csc.exe. I then compiled fruitbowl.dll and added it and mer_std.dll to
a new command line project in Visual Studio by right-clicking on
Dependencies and selecting "Add project reference". I pasted your C# code
into the default Program.cs file and compiled and ran the project
successfully. I then added just enough more C# and XAML to make an Android
APK file. I've attached the primitive code I got working. So, this means I
need to learn Mercury (and related Prolog). I'll explain my goals and ask
for suggestions in a separate email.

-david