[m-users.] ODBC library: Ony one transaction per connection .. ?

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Mon Jan 17 20:00:47 AEDT 2022

Hi.

I've found this in the implementation part of odbc.m:

transaction(Source, User, Password, Closure, Result, !IO) :-
    %
    % We could have separate open and close connection predicates in the
    % interface, but that would just be more effort for the programmer
    % for a very minor efficiency gain. The connection time will be
    % insignificant for even trivial queries.
    %

This explains why there's only one transcation per connection, but it's
completely contrary to what I've heard. AFAIK opening a connection is an
expensive operation...

Confused, Volker