[m-users.] array2d in column-major order

Fabrice Nicol fabrnicol at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:45:31 AEDT 2022

Hi all,

I was going to write a redesign of the array2d library module in
column-major order

array2d is currently designed with data stored in row-major order, this
is not ideal for a fairly large class of applications (and beyond a
certain load, transposing becomes a performance issue).

The coding is fairly straightforward as far as I can assess it (overall,
swap Column and Row variables in array2d code) but a bit tedious.

Would this happen to be openly available somewhere ready-made?

Otherwise I'll proceed with the rewrite.

Fabrice