[m-users.] io.error type

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Fri Feb 4 16:51:14 AEDT 2022

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, Volker Wysk wrote:

> The type io.error is abstract. It looks like the only thing that can be done
> with it, is to create an error message. But I need to do something which
> depends on which error it is. So how to find this out...?

You can't using the interface currently exported by the io module.
The io.error type just holds an error message.  The implementation of
the predicates in the io module internally uses a system_error type, but
as its names suggests it is system specific and in any case isn't
accesible to normal user code.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Julien.