[m-users.] Unit testing et al.

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Sun May 23 00:51:36 AEST 2021

Hi,

I have recently discovered the existence of ‘mtc’ and ‘mcov’ but I am not sure if they are what I need… in my other life as a python/django person I write a lot of tests with mocks and stuff like that… what’s the approach for wrapping up my code with tests… do I roll my own? Specifically I now want to test my lexer process and I want to feed it strings of tricky sequences and make sure it copes and rather than re-invent a large wheel I wondered if there are any tools I can use?

I think it might just be easier to crank out a simple file containing my strings and the expected results and just make sure they match.

Thanks
Sean.