[m-users.] Error in building mercury 20.06.1

Stephen Brady stephen at fac.tt
Sun May 2 04:54:33 AEST 2021

I'm new to Mercury and so am just building for the first time. I'm trying
to build version 20.06.1 using the tar ball distribution.

I'm getting the following error during make install:

mercury_memory_zones.c:390:5: error: use of undeclared identifier
'MR_CPU_SFENCE'
    MR_CPU_SFENCE;

I'm building on an M1 Mac, so I'm wondering if this is an issue, directly
or indirectly?

Rest of the environment:
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

XCode v. 12.5

gcc --version redirects to clang (as usual) and yields:
Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.29)
Target: arm64-apple-darwin20.3.0
Thread model: posix

Rosetta is also installed, though I'm not sure it matters here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Stephen