[m-users.] Trouble building on MSYS2 Win10

Mark Green mgreen at brookes.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 11:59:22 AEST 2021

I'm having two awkward problems on MSYS2 (other than the amazing amount of
time it takes to build!)

1. During the make process, it tells me that documentation could not be
built "probably due to a missing info" and "probably due to a missing
perl". Thing is, I explicitly installed info with pacman and perl is built
into MSYS2.

2. When it tries to make the Java grade, it builds a bunch of .java file,
outputs "making class files", then produces "The system cannot find the
file specified." - the Windows shell "file not found" message, not the
MSYS2 one. This seems to imply that it might be looking on the Windows path
for Java rather than the MSYS2 one and therefore not finding it. Is there a
way to fix this?

Mark