[m-users.] deleting the Erlang backend

M McDonough foolkingcrown at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:08:13 AEDT 2020

Mon, 26 Oct 2020 15:59:07 +1100 "Peter Wang" <novalazy at gmail.com>:
> Low-level C grades that require the gcc global registers extension
> won't work with clang, as clang doesn't implement that extension.
>
> They are also known not to work on ARM (Raspberry Pi) with gcc.
> I don't remember if that's a limitation that could be lifted.
> I suspect nobody has bothered to look into it because, so far,
> there hasn't been much reason to.
>
> Peter

This was solely using gcc. I have noticed the same issue with gcc on
OpenBSD on UltraSparc/Sparc64, which is why I suspect it's anything
other than amd64/x86. I haven't tested with Linux or another OS on
non-amd64/x86 platforms. The reg, fast, and asm_fast grades are broken
(with compiler errors during the build process), while none and jump
work.