[m-users.] Support for vanilla prolog

Stuart Reynolds stuart at stuartreynolds.net
Fri May 29 15:08:33 AEST 2020

Mercury presents a fork
For me the benefits of strong typing is faster development of prolog in
language that's painfully slow to write and debug.
OTOH, ISO prologs have a considerable number of useful libraries
(visualization, database connectors). Dynamism itself is also occasionally
often useful.
Optional typing would seem to make it straightforward to incorporate
dynamically typed prolog, but gain the benefits of strong typing for new
code.