[m-users.] Support for vanilla prolog

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri May 29 12:08:58 AEST 2020

> I'm sold on the value of strong typing. However, it makes integration with
> existing Prolog codebases problematic. It there support for optional typing
> that would allow Mercury to be used more fluidly with existing prolog?

If by "support", you mean support in the Mercury language and compiler,
the answer is: no, there isn't. If you are looking for a logic programming
language that has support for optional typing and for Prolog integration,
I would look at Ciao, https://ciao-lang.org, which started out as a Prolog
dialect in which various language features, such as typing, were optional.

Zoltan.