[m-users.] Can't compile sample programn

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Mar 22 19:56:34 AEDT 2019

Am Freitag, 22. März 2019, 08:05:02 CET schrieb Julien Fischer:
> > written. But then I've added "sudo" to the command, like this:
> >    sudo make PARALLEL=-j8 install
> >
> > ... and this works.
>
> I'm not sure what's causing that; is this still on you Ubuntu system?

Yes.

> > 2. Compiling and installing the posix library:
> >   cd extras/posix
> >   mmake realclean
> >   LANG=C mmake depend
> >
> > The "mmake depend" step leads to:
> >   make: Nothing to be done for 'depend'.
>
> Note that as of rotd-2019-03-21, the posix library will be built by
> standard make and mmc --make  rather than mmake.  (The Mmakefile in that
> directory now simply redirects its work to mmc --make.)

Okay, then I'll use that.

> That's strange.  The normal Makefile has a rule to build
> posix_workaround.o but when that's invoked from mmake it doesn't work.
> (I've committed a workaround for the problem.)

> extras/lib/mercury is not a directory the compiler knows about by
> default.  The only directory that it does know about by default is the
> one where the standard library and runtime library are installed.
> (/usr/local/mercury-rotd-2019-3-21/lib/mercury for the above
> installation.)

I've built and installed the posix library, with "make realclean; make build;
sudo make install" now. And: it works. It installs the "posix" bits in "/usr/
local/mercury-rotd-2019-03-21/lib/mercury" now. There they are found when
doing "mmc --make hello1 --ml posix". No more "--mld" needed.  :-)

Bye
Volker