[m-users.] Indenting issues

Julian Fondren jfondren at minimaltype.com
Sun Jun 30 03:47:54 AEST 2019

On 2019-06-29 12:10, emacstheviking wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use metal-mercury-mode in emacs but I am slowly but surely getting a
> little sick and tired of it seemingly not lining things up. I copied
> the code from page 15 of the Ralph Becket tutoral and it just doesn't
> line up. Normally if emacs indenting is out then you left a bracket
> out somewhere but didn't see it yet.

I don't see a metal-mercury-mode, but I noticed the same problem with
the default mercury-mode and stopped using it. Mercury comes with a
vim package that you can use, that has a few options you can set.
VSCode also has a Mercury extension. Neither of them let you
auto-reindent a region well, and they don't remove the burden of
indentation from you like a good Lisp mode will, but they should work
fine and not annoy you during normal code editing.