[m-users.] decompilation ...

Richard O'Keefe raoknz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 07:49:41 AEST 2019

"Decompilation" in Prolog is a consequence of supporting the dynamic
database.
In Quintus Prolog, you could not run "listing" on normally compiled
predicates.
Mercury uses strong modes and types both to detect errors at compile time
and
to allow the compiler to generate much more efficient code by transforming
it
ways that would be difficult to decompile.

It would be possible to implement Mercury in such a way that decompilation
could be done, but it would then be a rather less practical tool.