[m-users.] Automated testing of Mercury code

Benjamin Schmidt benjamin.schmidt at alumni.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 08:41:51 AEST 2018

Hi!

I'm enjoying reviving my interest in Mercury at the moment.

I'm wondering if you know or are associated with any test frameworks for
Mercury?

I came across this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mercurytest/

which is related to this paper:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1009.3765

but it seems to have gone stale (not compatible with the current release
of the day, I suspect due to changes in the standard library). I'll
probably see if I can fix it, but thought I'd ask as well, just in case
you know of anything else.

I'm aware, of course, of hand-written tests in the compiler and other
projects, but more ready-to-use tooling is of great benefit to the
productive developer, so I'm interested in what's available in that space.

(I'm also interested in https://github.com/stewy33/hophacks2018 for the
same reason but haven't had much chance to delve into it yet.)

Smiles.

Ben