[m-users.] Old Mercury Project French student

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Wed Jun 13 04:22:19 AEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 02:53:28PM +0200, Maxime Gautin wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Maxime. I am a French student and I have to use Mercury for my
> internship. This langage is new for me. I work on a old Mercury project
> that use Mercury version rotd 2008-01-31 and 0.13.1.
>
> I would like to know if there are any problems to compile this project with
> the latest version of mercury 14.01.1 I installed on my computer a few days
> ago.

A few years ago I had to convert a codebase that used some 0.13.1 Mercury
code (and older!) into code that worked for a 2013 release.  I had to change
a lot of the use of state variable syntax in types like map.  You may have a
similar experience.  It's tedius, VERY TEDIOUS but can be done.

Good luck.

--
Paul Bone
http://paul.bone.id.au