[m-users.] How to determine function provenance?

Jeffrey Brown jeffbrown.the at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:01:20 AEDT 2018

Hi! I'm reading through the Mercury libraries. When I do that in Haskell,
if I come across a function I don't recognize, there are a few ways to
determine where it came from. (For instance you can import everything the
library imports into the REPL and then run "?i foo" to find foo's
provenance.)

In Mmercury, if I could be sure that a line of code defines the function
foo if and only if that line starts with the word foo followed by no blank
space, then I'll just grep the libraries for "^foo". Does that
if-and-only-if condition actually hold? Is this what y'all do?

--
Jeff Brown | Jeffrey Benjamin Brown
Website <https://msu.edu/~brown202/>   |   Facebook