[m-users.] Parallel Mercury

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Nov 29 11:43:36 AEDT 2016

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Paul Bone wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:23:13AM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:

>> Although it's not hugely useful for fib, is '--par-loop-control' in a
>> usable state?  (i.e. could it be enabled by default, or at least
>> documented?)
>
> To the best of my memory, it worked with our tests so far, but it had not
> been tested widely.

It's not going to be tested widely if nobody knows it exists.  I suggest
we at least publicly document it (perhaps marking it as experimental).

'--control-granularity' and '--implicit-parallelism' are also options
that those experimenting with parallel conjuction should be aware
(although they are at least documented).

Julien.