[m-users.] Building Mercury from source

Noah Scott Goldman noahsg at badmousedriver.xyz
Thu Aug 18 10:02:07 AEST 2016

Dear all,

Thanks for trying to help me with my compiler trouble. I've decided to
try building Mercury from the "release of the day" source on MinGW-w64
via MSYS2. I am using the MinGW-w64 version of GCC. Unfortunately, this
approach has problems of its own. When I run

$ ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-cc=gcc
--enable-minimal-install

I get a warning:

checking return values of system... no
configure: WARNING: Unable to interpret return values from system

The script does successfully terminate; however, when I run makeit
usually fails. I have included the output of ./configurein a text file.
 From what I can gather, either I am missing some libraries that allows
C to communicate with the terminal, or those commands are not making it
to MSYS2. Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Noah G.

P.S. Once again, thank you all so much for taking the time out to help me.