[m-users.] Compiler trouble

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Sun Aug 7 15:22:44 AEST 2016

Hi,

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016, Noah Scott Goldman wrote:

> I'm trying to compile hello.m which, as you might have guessed, is a
> "hello world" program. I'm running Windows 8.1 and installed Mercury
> from the binary distribution.  When I run the compiler, everything
> seems to work fine, except there's no .exe file. I can't figure it
> out.

Does the file hello.exe exist after you run the compiler?  I think there
is a problem with versions of Windows later than 7 and the last
compilation step.

> > mercury --make -o hello.exe hello

-o has no effect with --make.  Doing "mmc --make hello" shoud
be sufficient to produce hello.exe; if it's not then something has
gone wrong.

> Making Mercury\int3s\hello.int3
> Making Mercury\ints\hello.int
> Making Mercury\cs\hello.c
> Making Mercury\objs\hello.obj
> hello.c
> Making hello.exe

Could you please try invoking the compiler as follows and see if it
produces a working executable:

     mmc --no-restricted-command-line --make hello

Julien.