[m-users.] Enable LCMC tail recursion optimization by default?

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:51:36 AEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 00:27:16 +1000 (AEST), "Zoltan Somogyi" <zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com> wrote:

> This increase in code size, and the increased pressure it brings
> on I-caches, is one possible reason for the slowdown.
> I don't think we ever did a full investigation of the slowdowns,
> and I think that fact was a reason why this option is not
> turned on by default.

Assuming you still have the object files, do you think you link the
compiler using a combination of LCMC-enabled and non-LCMC-enabled .o
files, and thereby narrow down which modules are negatively impacted?

I'm just guessing that most modules are not transformed by LCMC,
or are not executed enough to affect the timings.

Peter