[m-users.] Idiomatic Mercury - if-then-else or (C->I;E)

Mark Brown mark at mercurylang.org
Fri Nov 20 21:18:03 AEDT 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Matthias Güdemann
<matthias at guedemann.org> wrote:
> Dear Mark, Julien and Zoltan,
>
> thank you for the answers.
>
> I take away the message that for code to be included in some way in the
> Mercury distribution, the if-then-else form is strongly preferred, in
> particular for more complex or nested conditions.

Patches are welcome in any form, even incomplete. Hopefully you'll
always get some sort of constructive feedback. :-)

For things like using the latest idioms, I'm sure a developer will
volunteer to make those changes for you if you ask.

> The Mercury/Prolog Emacs mode I use does currently not provide indent
> support for if-then-else, I'll see how I can integrate this.

That would be great, thanks!

Mark