[m-users.] Signal 253 error on MinGW32 during compilation of module with a large table

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Wed Feb 18 18:20:25 AEDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, Julien Fischer wrote:

>> Second Issue - concerning a large table without pragma fact_table:
>> The compilation stops with an error message for a module which
>> contains a large table (2,400 facts). One column of the table is a
>> discriminated union type and therefore I can't use pragma fact_table.
>>
>> The app compiled well on Mac OS X 10.10 with grade none.gc but under MinGW
>> I receive this error message:
>> "$ mmc --make --grade none.gc appName
>> Making Mercury\none.gc\i686-pc-mingw32\Mercury\cs\moduleTwo.c
>> Error: system command received signal 253.
>> ** Error making 'Mercury\none.gc\i686-pc-mingw32\Mercury\cs\moduleTwo.c'."
>
> I would guess that's coming from the C compiler.  Could you please
> re-run that and inclucde the option --verbose-commands, so that we can
> see what's going on.

Actually, looking at that again it's almost certainly *not* the C
compiler since it's building the .c file.  Is it possible for us  to
either see the table in question (or an excerpt) or at least get a
further description of its structure, e.g. how may columns it contains,
what their types are, a large the du terms are etc.

Cheers
Julien.