[m-users.] Installing 14.01.1 on Older Mac PPC-G5 and OS X 10.5.8

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Apr 21 19:37:09 AEST 2015

Hi Robert.

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Delmas Buckley wrote:

> Paul,
> Thank you for your help in the installation process. Using the
> following I was able to install 14.01.1 on an old Mac Power-PC-G5
> machine running OS X 10.5.8:
>
> $ sudo sh configure
>       --with-llds-base-grades=none

One thing: the option is actually '--with-llds-base-grade' (i.e. in the
singular), however ...

>       --enable-libgrades=hlc.gc,reg.gc,reg.gc.memprof,reg.gc.prof

... it won't have an effect since you've manually specified the grades
to install anyway.  The '--with-llds-base-grade' option only affects
those grades automatically selected by the configure script, not those
manually selected by the user (e.g. via the the '--enable-libgrades'
option.)

If the reg.* grades are working on your machine then I wouldn't worry
about the setting the LLDS base grade to 'none'.

Cheers,
Julien.