[m-users.] Mercury mmc --make error

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Oct 7 17:57:27 AEDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Roger Qiu wrote:

> I’m using the MinGW build for Mercury, and I just ran through the hello world example. After running:
>
> mmc --make hello
>
> I get this error:
>
> $ mmc --make hello                                                                                                                         14-10-07 17:29:00
> Making Mercury\int3s\hello.int3
> Making Mercury\ints\hello.int
> Making Mercury\cs\hello.c
> Making Mercury\os\hello.o
> Mercury\cs\hello.c: In function ‘hello_module0’:
> Mercury\cs\hello.c:79:10: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast]
>   MR_r1 = (MR_Word) MR_string_const("Hello, World!\n", 14);
>           ^
> 'mfiltercc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> Error: system command received signal 1.
> ** Error making `Mercury\os\hello.o'.
>
> The above was inside Cygwin, I tried again in cmd and I got a similar thing:

Probably the same problem as below, but note that the MinGW builds are
not configure for use within Cygwin.

> C:\Users\CMCDragonkai\Projects\Language-Learning\mercury\examples>C:\mercury-14.
> 01-mingw\bin\mmc.bat hello
> hello.c: In function 'hello_module0':
> hello.c:79:10: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointe
> r-to-int-cast]
>   MR_r1 = (MR_Word) MR_string_const("Hello, World!\n", 14);
>           ^
> 'mfiltercc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> Error: system command received signal 1.
>
> C:\Users\CMCDragonkai\Projects\Language-Learning\mercury\examples>
>
> What’s the problem here?

It looks as though the Mercury bin directory has not been included in
your PATH.  Do you start cmd.exe via the "Mercury 14.01" desktop
shortcut or directly?  (The former should set your environment up
properly.)

Cheers,
Julien.