[m-users.] What is the threading model

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Fri Mar 7 15:49:45 AEDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 05:31:59PM +1300, ardeujho wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014, at 04:46 PM, Paul Bone wrote:
> >
> > > Some simple testing seem to indicate I needed to call 'yield' to
> >
> > To do what?
>
> Sorry I missed some text there. I meant that I needed to call 'yield' to
> switch threads. Thanks for your answers that clears things up nicely.

Okay, to answer that question.  Yes, you need to call yeild or call some
thing in one of the thread modules that would block such as waiting on a
channel.  Threads are not preempted: neither by some action or by timeslice.

Some of these details may change in the future, but there are no immediate
plans.

--
Paul Bone