[m-users.] Installing a subset of built grades

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Fri May 31 14:14:36 AEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 31 May 2013, Mark Green wrote:

> Further to the previous message, I tried building without the Erlang
> grade and after using the Visual Studio Command Prompt to start MSYS,
> but the IL grade still failed - it finds CSC ok, but again uses paths

il grade or csharp grade?  For Mercury they are different things.

> relative to "." to provide paths to CSC, so CSC starts trying to
> resolve them relative to the directory where msys.bat is. Which is
> especially annoying since I made sure to CD the Windows command prompt
> to the Mercury source directory before starting msys :(

In the absence of knowing the exact commands you used to set the PATH,
configure Mercury etc, I can't say what's going on here.

If you are attempting to do the installation with build or installation
directories that contain spaces that may be causing problems.

On my Windows machine, I get an error free installation of the csharp
grade by doing the following:

- Start Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt
- Run C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\msys.bat
- Unpack the 13.05 tarball (in my case into the direcotry
   /home/opturion/mercury-srcdist-13.05).
- Change into the source dist. dirctory and do:

     $ ./configure --prefix="C:\mercury-13.05" --enable-csharp-grade
     $ make
     $ make install

Cheers,
Julien.