[m-users.] Mercury on ARM

Sergey Khorev sergey.khorev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 03:13:31 AEST 2013

My 2 cents on asm_fast grade with shared objects. As far as I recall there
were different calling conventions in ARM Linux back in 2005. The code used
conventions from pdaXrom. If your distribution is different there might be
problems if you want to link Mercury libs dynamically.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2013, Tycho Luyben wrote:
>

>> Ah that sounds great! I should not do the github then but the zip?
>>

> No, you should grab a source tarballs from our download site:
> <http://dl.mercurylang.org/**index.html<http://dl.mercurylang.org/index.html>
> >.
>
> The archives generated by github will not contain the pre-generated
> C files.
>
> Cheers,
> Julien.
>

>  On Jun 3, 2013 4:53 PM, "Julien Fischer" <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
>>
>>       Hi again,
>>
>>       On Mon, 3 Jun 2013, Tycho Luyben wrote:
>>
>>             Is it possible to get Mercury working on ARM? I cannot find
>> any
>>             references to it, except from 2005 which is outdated. It
>> seems because
>>             of the C generation, it should be capable of compiling the
>> compiler to
>>             ARM from an Intel machine using a cross compiler? And then
>> (if needed)
>>             bootstrap with that? Any issues with that ? Did anyone do
>> that?
>>

>>       I should have read the last part of that a little more carefully.
>>       You don't need a Mercury compiler to bootstrap the compiler.
>>       The Mercury source distribution contains pre-generated C files, so
>>       you should be able to boostrap the compiler with just a C compiler.
>>       (Given the appropriate build tools, e.g. make etc, you should just
>>       be able to compile it directly on your ARM machine.)
>>
>>       Cheers,
>>       Julien.

Sergey Khorev
http://sites.google.com/site/khorser
Can anybody think of a good tagline I can steal?