[m-users.] seg fault, 64 bit

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Jul 2 01:36:37 AEST 2013

Hi Tomas,

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, Tomas By wrote:

> I have now determined that this problem is caused by passing a string
> containing non-ascii characters to a predicate defined as a fact table (as
> (string::in) is semidet).
>
> Is this a know error? There doesn't seem to be any mention in the manual.

I would guess that the code that generates fact tables wasn't updated
when Unicode support was added to Mercury.  Could you send us a small
test case (or better still add something to the bug database).

Do you actually need to use fact tables?  Support for large facts in
the compiler has improved quite a bit of the past year or so.

Cheers,
Julien.