[mercury-users] Mercury programming by optimization

Peter Stuckey pjs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Mar 8 18:19:34 AEDT 2012

The key idea for programming with optimizaiton is that the author develops multiple implementaitons
for the same predicate and mode.  The compiler trys to work out the best combination of
implementations for particular test data.  So its not like Mercury compiler optimizations where
the compiler picks the most type/mode specific version of a predicate.

In the PWO case there would be 5 implementations with identical type/mode.

With mercury you might be able to extend PWO by using different instances of a type class.

Peter Stuckey
pjs at csse.unimelb.edu.au