[mercury-users] DASD request

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Thu Oct 14 09:47:25 AEDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Parker Jones <zoubidoo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd give Mercury more time if it was available precompiled as a debian
> package.  Reducing the barrier to entry doesn't seem to be a priority which
> is shame as it's an interesting language.

You are correct that reducing the barrier of entry is useful in making
a language appealing.

However there was a more important step that we've only just overcome
and that is regularly making stable releases.  Now that the Mercury
project has moved to a 6 monthly release cycle for stable releases.
It is now an appropriate time to start looking at providing cygwin,
msys, debian and rpm packages.

Volunteers welcome!

Keri Harris currently supports mercury as an ebuild for gentoo.

Pete