[mercury-users] how to import legacy Prolog code

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 18:46:06 AEST 2010

2010/7/3 Paul Bone <pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au>:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 03:07:27PM +0200, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

>> For the generation of statements pred, mode, the idea is that since
>> the Mercury compiler can detect an inconsistency between the
>> hand-written declaration and the implementation of the body, it can as
>> well produce a (tentative) declaration coherent with the
>> implementation body.

> Okay, are you asking a question about this?  I don't know how to respond.

Sorry Paul, while taking notes I pasted too much in the mail.
I deleted all but the necessary part above.
I 'm asking if writing an importer assistant along this idea is
something feasible.
This importer assistant would take as input a prolog source and output
the prolog source with guessed pred and mode declarations added.

JMV

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,